- A minimum of 3 years or the completion of 90 semester hours is required prior to submitting your application
- While an undergraduate degree from an accredited college is preferred, it is not required prior to matriculation
- Consideration will be given to applicants with a 3.2 GPA (science and non-science) and a DAT academic average of 19 and above and subsection scores of 17 and above. If an applicant takes the DAT more than once, the admissions committee will consider the scores from the test date with the highest academic average
- The admissions committee does not consider applicants who have been enrolled for more than one-third of coursework (both general and required courses) in community colleges or junior colleges
- Grades of B, or better, are expected in prerequisite courses
|COURSE SUBJECT||SEMESTER HOURS||QUARTER HOURS|
|English*/Writing Intensive Course||6||10|
|Biology (with lab)||8||12|
|General (inorganic) Chemistry (with lab)||8||12|
|Organic Chemistry (with lab)||8||12|
*At least one of the two English courses should be an English/Literature course
There are no residency requirements either for application or admission to the University of Pittsburgh. Applicants should be aware that Federal Stafford loans are available only to U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents.
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of Recommendation must be submitted through AADSAS, and must be either:
- From a Pre-Health Advisory Committee (preferred)
- 3 letters from separate individuals. 2 of who must be a professor/advisor/mentor.
DAT scores must be submitted through AADSAS.
- If an applicant takes the DAT more than once, the admissions committee will consider the scores from the test date with the highest academic average
Technology requirements can be found here.
1. Review all of the information above
2. Apply to AADSAS by November 1st
3. Email a 2x2 passport style photo to: email@example.com. (Please submit supplemental photo and fee as soon as application has been made to AADSAS.)
4. A cashier’s check or money order to cover the application fee of $50 ($75 for international/transfer applicants) made payable to the University of Pittsburgh. Personal checks will not be accepted. Mail to:
Office of Student Affairs/Admissions
University of Pittsburgh
School of Dental Medicine
3501 Terrace Street
Salk Hall, Suite 2114
Pittsburgh PA 15261-1945
If you have any additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.