Eligibility is based on your intended major and high school academic record. You will be automatically reviewed for these programs. A separate application is not necessary. Additional application requirements can be seen below.
- Indicate Pre-Dentistry on admissions application.
- Rank in the top 10 percent of high school class with 1470 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 32 ACT (Math and English subscores average), or better.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.70 with a Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics (BCPM) GPA of 3.5 as an undergraduate.
- Complete the undergraduate degree within four years.
- Continue to gain dental related experiences during their undergraduate years.
- Seek research opportunities in a related field.
- Seek opportunities for community service.
- Meet with the Associate Dean of Students or their designee to discuss progress in terms of related activities, research and community service on an annual basis.
- Meet with the Associate Dean of Students or their designee at the start of each year in order to confirm fulfillment of academic pre-requisites for admission to the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine.
- Successfully complete the pre-requisite courses for admission to the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine.
- Provide the Dental Office of Admissions with an official transcript at the completion of their junior year.
Pitt Freshmen Guarantees are competitive, so we highly recommend you apply for admission early in your senior year of high school.
Learn more about all of the Guaranteed Admissions Programs at Pitt.